Care of Your Cello
• Hold the instrument by the neck
• Wipe the rosin dust and perspiration from the instrument with a soft cloth after each use.
• Loosen the now about five turns to relieve tension when not in use. DO NOT TOUCH THE BOW HAIR
• Apply rosin to hair with long, slow strokes. Keep your instrument and bow in the case when not in use.
• Do not put anything else in the case, like your rock stop, music, pencils, etc.
• Check the bridge to see if it is upright or tilted slightly towards the tailpieces.
• Do not tighten the fine tuners all the way down. The arm under the tail piece will scratch the instrument.
• Inspect your instrument and case every day. If you have any questions or problems, ask your teacher or bring your instrument to a Summerhays Music technician.
Recommended brands: Eastman Strings, West Coast Strings, LA Strings, Samuel Shen Strings, Anton Richter, Mahler, Heinrich Gill, and Panetto Strings.